VLP NOW HIRING Social Media Coordinator/Legal Assistant
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR/LEGAL ASSISTANT
The Erie County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project (VLP) seeks a full time Social Media Coordinator/Legal Assistant to work for our law office which provides free civil legal services to low income people.
Previous experience as a paralegal or legal assistant is not required; however, the ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, be able to multi task, and have the ability to work both independently and as a team member. They should also have a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with diverse individuals, be organized, and able to collect, manage, and manipulate data. The ability to manage our social media platforms, maintain our website, and help with minor technology issues is required.
- Assist with all day to day office tasks, (i.e. managing files, checking messages, front desk duties as needed)
- Practical knowledge of basic IT support (troubleshooting equipment problems, help with interoffice IT issues)
- Track law firm fundraising campaign (process donations, update donor documents locally and online, correspondence, mailings)
- Assist with client intake during legal clinics, as needed
Programs & Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Movie Maker, other video/photo editing programs a plus.
- Basic Graphic Design; photo editing; document construction
- Web Maintenance, Word Press, HTML
Website, Graphic Design and Social Media:
- Schedule, post and monitor social media strategy – keep social media connection pro-active, engaging and on-going by researching and recommending articles to share and by measuring and optimizing content based on analytics
- Maintain and generate graphic design and print media for effectiveness, timeliness and relevancy
- Creating flyers, posters, infographics
- Graphics for website
- Website – Manage all input, development, up-keep and integrity of the website; maintain website calendar, events, posts/blogs, closings, day-to-day changes
- Produce videos for website and social media promotional use;
- Edit/produce video recordings of CLE trainings for YouTube
- Measure and report performance of website and Facebook
- Newsletter: Formulate and edit newsletters for clients and community
- Schedule and set up tech in conference room for webinars, and other presentations
Salary depends upon experience. Excellent benefits.
Please send resumes and the names/contact information of 3 references by April 17, 2017 to:
Robert Elardo, Executive Director/CEO
237 Main Street, Suite 1000
Buffalo NY 14203
VLP is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone who meets the job requirements is strongly encouraged to apply.